Sunday 24 February 2013

The only time I go to the cinema now is with my daughter to see family-friendly films – the last I saw was Hotel Transylvania.

Her grandparents kindly took her to see Wreck-It Ralph this half-term so I was spared that one.

I tend to catch up with the big releases once they are released on DVD (my broadband connection is so slow it’s like it’s steam-powered so watching on-line or downloading would be impossible) and this weekend I finally managed to see Skyfall.

Oooh, it’s good isn’t it?  I’d tried not to read the reviews, watch the trailers or see the programmes of how they’d done the stunts because that tends to spoil the film for me.

So, if anyone else hasn’t seen it (but I appreciate that may be unlikely), stop reading now because I don’t want to spoil it for you.

I didn’t know ‘M’ died!  The way Daniel Craig gently cradled her whilst she passed away in the Chapel was genuinely moving – yes, I admit it, I cried.  But in my defence I think you’d have to have a heart of stone not to feel some emotion during that scene.

It’s a very good Bond film.  Daniel Craig is a fine actor, and an accomplished James Bond, but I don’t know if I’d agree with everyone who says he is the best Bond. 

We’ve had this discussion in the Bach household.  Hubby says ‘Connery is Bond’ like it’s a definitive.  Personally, I liked Brosnan and Dalton.  Daughter is too young to have seen the Bond films yet, but, when she does, I’m fairly confident she won’t be saying ‘Lazenby’ (sorry George!)

No comments:

Post a Comment