Thursday 25 July 2013

'Heir's looking at you kid'... the Royal baby prince George arrives

So, much to the relief of his parents (and indeed the nation), little George Alexander Louis – or HRH Prince George of Cambridge if you prefer – has safely arrived.

Is it just me, or did you think that he was waving as the family appeared on the steps of the Lindo Wing for his first public viewing?

What a little superstar – already aware of the crowds of photographers and people watching at home on TV and giving them a Royal wave!

I had predicted that he’d be called George.  Although I had said I thought he’d be George Arthur Louis Spencer or perhaps have Philip in there somewhere, so I wasn’t quite right.

When I had said about the ‘Louis Spencer’ bit – thinking they might use Princess Diana’s maiden name – my daughter had looked slightly shocked as she thought I’d said ‘Louie Spence’ and wondered why they’d name the baby after him!

And it’s probably just as well they didn’t have Kate’s Dad’s moniker as one of the middle names, because then he would have been George Michael.

Wishing little Prince George health and happiness – I’d normally say health, wealth and happiness, but I think he’s got the wealth bit sorted!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment