Thursday 11 July 2013

Keep calm and watch Mrs Doubtfire!


Mrs Doubtfire is one of my favourite films.

It works on a whole lot of levels for me.

Obviously, there’s the comedy – Robin Williams is fantastic.

Then there’s the Pierce Brosnan factor.

I’ve read the novel on which it is based – Madame Doubtfire by Anne Fine – but it’s a lot darker.

I have to say I prefer the lighter Hollywood version.

I’ve not been having a good week for one reason or another, I won’t bore you with the details, but what I was going through reminded me of a line in the film said by Robin Williams’ character Daniel:

‘Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say "this is not my life"?’

I’m sure we all have those moments.  It’s now, unfortunately, a much over-used phrase, but I like to occasionally remind myself to ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’.  I find it helps – that and red wine and/or chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment