Friday 23 August 2013


It’s my birthday this weekend.

I won’t tell you exactly how old I am, but I’m old enough to remember all of the 1980s and I did ‘O’ levels (just), so you can work it out if you really want to.

I was reading a magazine for women recently in which there was an article entitled ‘Rules for the over 40s’.

Most of it was fairly sensible, although some points made me raise a quizzical eyebrow.

The main piece of advice was to add three years onto your age, when asked.

This is to provoke the response ‘Wow, you look good for that’, but, conversely, how disheartening would it be if you didn’t get that response, and the person you were talking to actually thought you were three years older than you were?!

Other advice included don’t go to nightclubs – well, that’s a given really as I’m generally asleep by ten thirty – wear sleeves to hide your bingo wings (yes, thanks for that) and join Twitter.

Now, I must admit, I quite like reading some people’s Tweets (particularly Rev Richard Coles – God bless The Communards, one of my favourite bands of the 80s!), but I do think that too much tweeting makes a twit, so, you’ll all be relieved to know, I shan’t be following this advice and letting you know my every movement and my thoughts on everything via Twitter.

But I would like to say have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend – remember, it’s the last until Christmas. 

Now there’s a thought – perhaps I should have Tweeted it!  Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment