Wednesday 6 November 2013

The perils of revolving doors...

It's not often I watch the news at lunchtime and laugh, but I did just that today.

The sight of Bernie Ecclestone failing to negotiate a revolving door as he arrived at court was truly hilarious.

I did feel slightly guilty at one stage for laughing at a senior citizen, but then I reminded myself he's a billionaire and he was probably struggling to get in there because a member of staff wasn't holding it open for him which eased my guilt somewhat!

However, it also reminded me of a time I got stuck in a revolving door.

Admittedly, I was about nine years old at the time, and it was on my first trip to London, so I think I can cut myself some slack over this incident. 

Thinking about it, it was probably the first revolving door I'd ever encountered.

It was on a primary school trip, and we all herded into the compartment of said door - I think it could have been at St Paul's Cathedral, but I'm not sure.

Somehow, I managed to get my leg caught when entering.  We came to an abrupt halt, and I managed to free my leg somehow - to this day I don't know how.

I guess I could have been quite hurt, had I not got quite sturdy legs which stopped the door from revolving.  It's about the only time anyone's given thanks for thunderous thighs!

I remember being more embarrassed than anything else.  Let's hope that's how Bernie feels too.

No comments:

Post a Comment