Friday 25 September 2015

A Nigel Farage tattoo?

I'm trying very hard not to be too judgemental here, but what on Earth possesses somebody to head to a Tattoo Parlour and say to the tattooist 'I'd like a picture of Nigel Farage on my arm please!'?

Yet, as I was watching the news at lunchtime today (Friday 25th September), there before me was a lady sporting a pen and ink image of the UKIP leader on her right arm.

Not only that, she was getting Nige to autograph her arm underneath it - I imagine so the tattooist could then ink that indelibly.  Forever.  Unless she can get laser surgery or ask the amazing artists on Tattoo Fixers to transform it into Brad Pitt or George Clooney.  Now they're good, but I'm not sure they're that good.

My only hope is that it's some kind of transfer, a temporary adornment.  Or maybe it was Mrs Farage, showing her undying love for her hubby?

If not, it only leaves me with the conclusion that the lady in question is a Farage Super Fan, because to get a tattoo of any party leader seems a little extreme in demonstrating how you vote.

Have a bumper sticker on your car, a poster on your door, maybe even a badge on your lapel - but a tattoo?  Surely that's party loyalty in warp-drive? 

I'm not sure any Tories would sport a Cameron tat, and even the recent Corbyn-mania hasn't seen a Jezza inking (yet, as far as I'm aware anyway).

I saw some amusing comments on Twitter about where people would like to get tattoos of the party leaders done.  I won't share them, you can seek them out if you wish.

Just be assured, I won't be copying this trend any time soon...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment