Thursday 25 February 2016

I don't wannabe a Spice Girl!

I did one of those daft quizzes on Buzzfeed while supping my mocha one dull Monday morning.

'What musical girl group do you belong in?' screamed the headline, so I thought I'd give it a go.  It was either that or get back to doing some actual work and I was feeling easily distracted.

Based on my answers - and I'm sure with no scientific basis whatsoever - I belong in The Spice Girls.

To be honest, I was hoping for Bananarama or The Bangles as The Spice Girls phenomenon completely passed me by; 1996 was the year I graduated from University, and my musical tastes were more of the Indie variety.

Not that I'm knocking The Spice Girls - I can't dispute their success and the longevity of some of their careers, it's just that I wouldn't want to be one.

It comes down to the 'character' associations: I could probably be Scary, in fact given the correct circumstances I could definitely be scary, at a push Posh, not Royal-family posh, but as posh as Victoria but in a more smiley, friendly way.

Baby is out of the question (I'm mid-forties, that would be weird) and Sporty isn't going to work for me either - I'm not really a 'leisurewear as outdoor wear' type of person.  Neither can I do those backflips - not that I've tried, I don't think the NHS could cope with the injuries I'd cause myself and bystanders should such a manoeuvre be undertaken!

No, the main problem is that I'd end up being Ginger Spice.

With hideous flashbacks to all the names I've been called by growing up red-headed, I don't think I could cope with this moniker. 

Also, that very tight, short Union Jack dress really wouldn't suit me - unless it can work as a tunic, with jeans and Doc Martens?

So no, I don't think I'll be shouting 'Girl Power' and joining The Spice Girls for their rumoured 2016 reunion tour. 
 
Please also note any suggestions of 'Old Spice' will not be welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment