Friday 8 April 2016

President Trump and Prime Minister Boris?

At the moment there's a lot going on in the world of Politics which I find quite disturbing.  My anxiety over the state we're in wasn't eased by a headline I recently read which pronounced:

"A Trump Presidency rated among the top ten global risks".

Um, I thought to myself, that doesn't sound good.  I braced myself and read on.  According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), Trump becoming president could disrupt the global economy and heighten political and security risks in the US.

On a scale of things that could happen - which ranges from one (which I think means not great but manageable), through to 25 which probably means Armageddon although they didn't really specify - he gets a 12.

Now, just in case you're thinking 'that doesn't sound too bad', that equates to the same level of risk as the rising threat of jihadi terrorism destablising the global economy.

Mr Trump becoming president is also rated as riskier than Britain leaving the European Union or there being an armed clash in the South China Sea.

But just to make us feel better - a bit like the Crimewatch presenter saying 'don't have nightmares' at the end of the show when we've all been scared witless by what we've just seen right before bedtime - the EIU also reckon that Hillary Clinton will become president.

Of course, social media has had much to say about Donald and his presidential bid.  One post I've seen said that this presidential race is viewed overseas as America's IQ test, and the results aren't looking good.  Another states 'The road to hell is paved with Donald Trump's hair'.

But then again, with our EU referendum coming up soon, maybe we need to be taking a closer look at what's going on here. 

There are some thoughts that if there's a Brexit - is it just me, or does that name sound like a discount supermarket's version of the Breakaway chocolate bar? - Cameron will probably resign and Boris Johnson might then become Prime Minister. 


Trump as POTUS and Boris as Prime Minister - I wonder how that combo rates on the EIU scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment