Tuesday 30 January 2018

Mamma Mia, can I go again? My my, it was bloomin' brilliant!

Regular readers - I'm hoping there are some! - will perhaps remember me saying that I was way behind with my cinematic viewing and had only just managed to watch Mamma Mia.

That was a couple of years ago now, and since then I've watched it at least once more as it seems to be a regular fixture on the ITV2 schedule, not that I'm complaining.

I adore Abba's music, I love Pierce Brosnan, so a film which combines the two is up there with my all time faves - yes, before you ask, I can even get over Pierce's singing, although only just.  I'm also looking forward to the sequel, due out this summer.

So when I heard that the stage show was coming to the Royal & Derngate in Northampton I was a little bit excited, to say the least.

And then when a friend of mine organised a coach trip to gather us all up and safely transport us half way across the county and deposit us at the Derngate's door, I signed up straight away.  Many thanks again to Julie for sorting out the tickets and the bus.

I was so glad I did go - it was a fantastic night.  The production was amazing, the quality of the singing and dancing was superb, and it was a fabulous show all round.

But the best part for me?  When the entire theatre got up and sang and danced along with the cast at the end of the production in a spontaneous show of feel-good lack of self-consciousness.

The atmosphere was brilliant, and everybody was having a good time and belting out Dancing Queen and Waterloo at the tops of their voices.

I may or may not have been singing in tune, I haven't a clue and I don't really care.  I adhere to the rule of dance like nobody's watching and sing like nobody's listening - although perhaps I need to reconsider the last one when attending weddings and funerals!





No comments:

Post a Comment